"Beef -- Issues, Production and Value" is the theme of the 16th annual Southern Plains Beef Symposium, Aug. 12 at the Ardmore Convention Center, Ardmore, OK. Among topics to be discussed are:
- Bob Whitson, Oklahoma State University (OSU) ag dean, on current issues and challenges facing beef producers;
- Connie Quinn, Chadron, NE, rancher, on management practices for success;
- Erica Rosa, Livestock Marketing Information Center, on the market outlook and international trade issues;
- Anne Anderson of AucMar Partners will reflect on "Can I Produce What the Consumer Wants?"
- And OSU's Bob Kropp will provide an overview of info/data inputs (EPDs, dollar values, source verification, etc.) available.
-- Clint Peck