Mark your calendars for the Mid-South Stocker Conference, Feb. 22-23 in Bowling Green, KY. It kicks off at 3 p.m. on Feb. 22 with virtual tours of areas stocker operations.
As always, the conference will feature cutting edge stocker information from experts near and far. Topics include:
- Health and Performance of Southeastern Cattle in Iowa Feedlots
Terry Engelken, DVM, Iowa State University
- Making Deadstock Disappear Into Thin Air & Adapting to Future Environmental Compliance Issues
Steve Higgins, Director of Environmental Compliance Bioenvironmental Engineering, University of Kentucky
- Changing the Way We Manage Pasture for Stocker Production
Mark McCann, Professor of Ruminant Nutrition, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Industry Outlook for Stocker Operations
Michael Murphy, Market Analyst, Risk Management Specialist Cattle-Fax
- Update on Stocker Research
Roy Burris, Professor of Animal Science and Extension Beef Cattle Specialist, Cooperative Extension Service, University of Kentucky; Justin Rhinehart, Assistant Professor of Animal Science and Extension Beef Cattle Specialist, University of Tennessee Extension Service.
- Teaching an Ol’ Meat Cutter New Tricks-Cutting Demo of New Value Added Cuts
Gregg Rentfrow, Assistant Professor and Extension Meats Specialist, Cooperative Extension Service, University of Kentucky; staff of Tennessee and Kentucky Beef Councils