The 2009 Tri-State Cow-Calf Symposium is Jan. 3 at Wray High School’s Kitzmiller Auditorium in Wray, CO.
Among speakers and topics of the 8 a.m.-4 p.m. meeting are:
- The most recent Beef Cow Audit and how ranchers can improve marketing cull cows, Dean Pringle, University of Georgia.
- Cattle behavior, Gerald Fry, Rose Bud, AR.
- Pregnancy losses in beef cows, Roger Ellis, Colorado State University.
- Economics of reproduction, Sandy Johnson, Kansas State University.
- Fitting genetics to your environment, Matt Spangler, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL);
- Grazing management, Doug Anderson, UNL Extension.