Bovance, a cloning technology and genetic preservation company, introduces a scholarship essay contest. Eligible industry youth who submit an essay on one of five topics will be judged based on innovation, writing quality and demonstration of thought-leadership for genetic advancements. The winning student will receive a $1,000 scholarship to pursue education in a cattle-related field of study.
The five topics from which students can choose to write about include:
1. How do you think cloning and genetic preservation benefit the livestock industry?
2. What animal would you choose to clone to lead a specific breed, and why?
3. How would you explain the benefits of cloning to a consumer questioning the technology?
4. How would you explain to a consumer that products from cloned animals are safe for human consumption?
5. If you own your own animals, which animal do you feel would be the best candidate to create value in your herd through cloning technology?
High school seniors and students in their first or second year of post-secondary education are eligible to enter. Each essay should be no more than 1,000 words, and must be submitted to Bovance no later than March 1, 2011. Additional details on this scholarship program are available at www.bovance.com.
-- Bovance release