The American Meat Institute has compiled a question-and-answer fact sheet about BSE. To download this document, click here. (This requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, which you can download free at www.adobe.com.)
The National Cattlemen's Beef Association has compiled BSE information - including a timeline of actions to prevent BSE in the U.S. and a world map of documented BSE cases in cattle. To download this document, click here. (This also requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
The National Cattlemen's Beef Association and the Cattlemen's Beef Board also have outlined actions to prevent BSE and foot-and-mouth disease in an informational brochure. To download this brochure, just click here. (This also requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
Additional information about BSE is available at the following Web sites:
- NCBA's scientifically reviewed site about BSE: www.bseinfo.org.
- USDA/APHIS Veterinary Services: www.aphis.usda.gov .
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/cjd/cjd.htm .
- Food and Drug Administration: www.fda.gov/cvm/index/bse/bsetoc.html .
- Council for Agricultural Science and Technology: www.cast-science.org .