Sign up now at www.beef-mag.com  for BEEF magazine's 2006 BEEF Quality Summit. The Nov. 14-15 workshop in Oklahoma City's Clarion Hotel aims to provide attendees with the background, tools and the environment to make the connections for involvement, and the potential rewards offered, in the new beef-value chain.
The first day's program is devoted to outlining the opportunity available in the new beef-value chain, the second to how to link your production into that chain. Among the topics to be discussed are:
- How U.S. beef consumers define quality.
- Quality, profit and the cattle cycle.
- International competition and opportunities for U.S. quality beef.
- Current international beef trade opportunities.
- Producers will discuss how they're paid for quality.
- Selecting a marketing partner.
- A value-chain production and marketing workshop -- attendees will learn how to match their production with available markets for the cattle, and management adjustments needed to make the "next" calf crop fit a chosen market.
- Linking up with a marketing partner -- an opportunity to meet with participating marketing channel reps.