Cattle producers today have many options when it comes to raising their animals, according to John Lawrence, director of the Iowa Beef Center. Lawrence and several producers discussed these options during the Iowa Forage and Grasslands Conference held in Des Moines recently.
"Not only are there three different options in grain-feeding systems--conventional, natural and organic,--there are also options in grass-feeding systems--natural and organic," he said.
Lawrence said each cattle producer must look at all their options and decide which will be the most profitable for them to be in business, now and in the future.
Retired Winterset, Iowa, veterinarian Ken Henrichsen has found grass-feeding beef works the best for him.
To read the entire article, link here .
Top Viewed Articles for 2009
|1. BEEF Cartoons: Earl by Wally Badgett  |
2. Improving fertility rates in cows through feed   
3. Purdue Survey has Findings on Financially Successful Farmers  
4. Texas drought worsens, cattle dying  
5. Livestock's Shrinking U.S. Shadow  
|6. Feed Composition Tables  |
7. Will the IRS view your ranch as a hobby? 
8. Government Land-Grab Moves Forward 
9. Temple Grandin Talks About Her Upcoming HBO Biopic 
10. Barack Obama Blames Health Care Costs On Farmers