The American Meat Institute has compiled a question-and-answer fact sheet about BSE. To download this document, click here . (This requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, which you can download free at www.adobe.com .)
The National Cattlemen's Beef Association has compiled BSE information - including a timeline of actions to prevent BSE in the U.S. and a world map of documented BSE cases in cattle. To download this document, click here . (This also requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
The National Cattlemen's Beef Association and the Cattlemen's Beef Board also have outlined actions to prevent BSE and foot-and-mouth disease in an informational brochure. To download this brochure, just click here . (This also requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
Additional information about BSE is available at the following Web sites:
- NCBA's scientifically reviewed site about BSE: www.bseinfo.org .
- USDA/APHIS Veterinary Services: www.aphis.usda.gov  .
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/cjd/cjd.htm  .
- Food and Drug Administration: www.fda.gov/cvm/index/bse/bsetoc.html  .
- Council for Agricultural Science and Technology: www.cast-science.org  .