Dr. Ryan Rathman of Lubbock, Texas evaluated 81 purebred females and 21 purebred bulls for the Open Major PACE Shorthorn Show at the National Western Stock Show (NWSS) on January 20th and 21st.
Claiming Grand and Junior Bull Calf Champion honors was SULL Red Knight 2030 ET, exhibited by Sullivan Farms, Dunlap, IA. The March 2012 bull is sired by CF Solution X ET. Reserve Grand and Senior Champion Bull was awarded to SULL Master of Rose, exhibited by Sullivan Cattle Company, Dunlap IA. The May 2010 bull is sired by JSF Master of Jazz 22U X.
SULL Dream Big 1126 ET, exhibited by William O'Sullivan, Maple Lake, MN, walked away with the big win as she was awarded the Grand and Senior Champion Female honors. The January 2011 female is sired by WHR Sonny 8114 ET. Following as the Reserve Grand and Reserve Senior Champion Female was CF Margie 0114 RD X ET, exhibited by Simon Farms, Rockford, OH. The January 2011 female is sired by SULL Right Direction ET.
Other champions from the open purebred show include:
- Reserve Senior Champion Bull - R-C WG Damn Proud, exhibited by Will Cameron Gardner/RC Show Cattle, Eaton, OH
- Champion Junior Bull - PB Ice Berg ET, exhibited by Kolby Berg, Osage, IA
- Reserve Champion Junior Bull - KOLT Revolution 031 ET, exhibited by Crow Creek Farms, Oklahoma City, OK
- Champion Junior Female - SULL Very Rose Mary ET, exhibited by Nick Sullivan, Dunlap, IA
- Reserve Champion Junior Female - SS Dream Lady 161 ET, exhibited by Samantha Marie Schrag, Marion, SD
- Champion Intermediate Bull - Ranger, exhibited by Cash-Farms Shorthorns, Amarillo, TX
- Champion Intermediate Female - SULL Fancy Pants Bo ET, exhibited by Lisa Reid, Brighton, CO
- Reserve Champion Intermediate Female - CF Revival 1105 BS X, exhibited by NP Farm, Pekin, IN
- Champion Senior Bull Calf - GJD Swagger, exhibited by Jerry Duvelius & Family, Hamilton, OH
- Reserve Champion Senior Bull Calf - CVF Imax 106Y, exhibited by Aidan Raab, Markle, IN
- Champion Senior Heifer Calf - GCC Lucky Sunshine 153 ET, exhibited by Lauren Corry, Xenia, OH
- Reserve Champion Senior Heifer Calf - WHR RHS Augusta Pride 9 ET, exhibited by Kylie Gana, Martell, NE
- Reserve Champion Junior Bull Calf - HFS High Flyer 202, exhibited by Katie Horton, St. Charles, IL
- Champion Junior Heifer Calf - CYT Isobella CY 2107 ET, exhibited by Kailey Davis, Glenville, MN
- Reserve Champion Junior Heifer Calf - SULL Crystal Way 2019 ET, exhibited by Alex Stade, Shakopee, MN
- Champion Early Spring Bull Calf - KOLT-Klug Premium BSH 71, exhibited by Reece Klug, Columbus, NE
- Reserve Champion Early Spring Bull Calf - CF Consensus X ET, exhibited by Cates Farms/Studer Farms, Modoc, IN
- Champion Early Spring Heifer Calf - CYT Missing Mirage 2120 ET, exhibited by Samantha Marie Schrag.
- Reserve Champion Early Spring Heifer Calf - CYT Rayflower 2130 ET, exhibited by Joshua Darbyshire, Morning Sun, IA
- Champion Late Spring Bull Calf - CF Focus X, exhibited by Ben Warfield, Marriottsville, MD
- Champion Late Spring Heifer Calf - KOLT Gentry 363 ET, exhibited by Andrew Hooges, Lebo, KS
- Reserve Champion Late Spring Heifer Calf - CF HHF Margie 2106 HC X ET, exhibited by Simon Farms
In the ShorthornPlus bull show following the purebred bulls, Dr. Rathman judged two entries. Grand Champion ShorthornPlus bull was awarded to Sodhouse Pepper Red 932, exhibited by Craig E. Hoyt, Brewster, KS. The February 2012 bull is sired by Sodhouse Government Mule 812 1. Reserve Grand Champion ShorthornPlus bull went to Couc Smoke, exhibited by Rick Couch, Quapaw, OK.
Jim Williams, Boling, Texas evaluated the 21 entries for the open ShorthornPlus female show that followed the open purebred show.
Grand Champion ShorthornPlus female was awarded to SULL Jalynn Beauty, shown by Kane Aegerter, Seward, NE. The February 2012 female is sired by SULL Right Direction ET. Following for Reserve Champion ShorthornPlus Female was Miss Izzy 1207, shown by Brandon Hagie, Clarion, IA. The April 2012 female is sired by Goet I80.
Other champions in the open ShorthornPlus female show include:
- Division 6 Champion Female - PCC Black Dahlia 2, shown by Silas Plate, North Loup, NE
- Reserve Champion Division 6 Female - Katherine Alexander, Weatherford, OK
- Division 5 Champion Female - RR Jazzy Reba Y03, shown by Rachelle Quinn, Castle Rock, CO
- Division 4 Champion Female - Sierra's Scarlet, Grant Sardella, Winton, CA
- Division 3 Reserve Champion Female - SULL Blue Baby 2001, exhibited by Sara Rose Sullivan
- Division 2 Reserve Champion Female - SULL Black Bunny 2194, exhibited by Samantha Marie Schrag
- Division 1 Champion Female - SS Lola 288, exhibited by Jaxon Schrag, Marion, SD
- Division 1 Reserve Champion Female - RR Lady Roxy Z702, exhibited by Rachelle Quinn
Complete show results can be found at www.shorthorn.org.