Learn its secrets of successLearn its secrets of success
When we’re personally invested in what we’re doing now, it’s easy to become defensive and unable to see what’s actually happening. Fresh eyes can help us see what we’re missing.
November 9, 2017
It seems just yesterday that some “experts” predicted with near certainty Best Buy’s demise, brought about by Amazon’s relentless rout on retailing. So far, the company has forced the doomsayers to back off. Here’s what Best Buy is doing to avoid death by Amazon:
· Talking to customers: they let you know what needs to be done
· Price-matching to stop “showrooming”
· Send in-home advisers to help customers select the right electronic equipment
· Ship website orders from nearest store to get there faster
· Create in-store branded areas featuring product lines: Samsung, Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon
· Always be ready to change: trends don’t last forever
How did all this come about, both decisively and rapidly? Fresh eyes made it happen, those of Hubert Joly, the new CEO, who was personally involved every step of the way. He even talked to customers!
Takeaway: When we’re personally invested in what we’re doing now, it’s easy to become defensive and unable to see what’s actually happening. Fresh eyes can help us see what we’re missing.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
The dollars and sense of sustainabilityFeb 18, 2023
Current Conditions for
New York, NY
Enter a zip code to see the weather conditions for a different location.
No surprises in ‘Cattle on Feed’Sep 25, 2023
FTC, Department of Labor partnering on worker protectionSep 25, 2023
Farm Action: Why We FightSep 19, 2023
Farm Progress America, September 25, 2023Sep 25, 2023