AgLaunch is hosting six livestock agtech start-ups solving on-farm issues for the 2022 AgLaunch365 Livestock Challenge. Up to five teams will be selected to move forward in the AgLaunch365 Accelerator that include on-farm trials with AgLaunch Farmer Network members.
During Livestock Challenge week, teams will have the opportunity to learn from pitch experts, farmers, other entrepreneurs, investors, AgLaunch mentors and business leaders. A committee consisting of AgLaunch farmers and investors will make the final decision about which teams will move forward in the AgLaunch365 Accelerator.
Selected teams will participate in a 12-week accelerator with opportunities to showcase at tradeshows including the Mid-South Farm and Gin Show in Memphis, Tennessee. They will also be able to deploy on-farm trials with AgLaunch farmers. During these trials, AgLaunch Farmers work hand-in-hand with start-ups to trial, provide feedback, share data and ultimately aid in the success of the company.
The six teams in this year's Livestock Challenge include:
- AgButler: AgButler is a digital marketplace, bringing the gig economy to agriculture. We connect farmers and ranchers, with high-quality laborers in rural communities, through our online application. AgButler is addressing the growing labor challenges across rural America.
- eCow: eCow helps dairy farmers increase milk yield, profitability and decrease methane emissions by using insights and an internal sensor.
- GenoTwin: GenoTwin is revolutionizing biosurveillance and sustainability for livestock with advanced omics insights into infectious diseases.
- Motion Grazer AI: Using artificial intelligence and deep learning, Motion Grazer AI is developing an inexpensive and effective method to use camera, computer and proprietary algorithms to quantitatively evaluate animal gait, posture and condition. With an initial focus on breeding swine, real-time health data and productivity predictions for individual animals is provided. The outcome is increased farm efficiency and profitability as well as improved animal health, welfare and productivity.
- ReproHealth Technologies: ReproHealth uses embryology and dngineering to create devices to improve cattle production. Our patented intravaginal embryo culture device creates embryos in the cow, rather than the lab, and brings the 'Lab to the Farm.'
- Tracker Sled: TrackerSled's patent-pending SunFarmor modules stabilize farmers' and ranchers' energy and fertilizer costs while affording a path to carbon-free farming, increased profits, and rural economic renewal. TrackerSled recruits and licenses EPCs, who assemble plug-n-play SunFarmor modules in hours so farmers and ranchers can own an operating solar farm within weeks. No pile driving, no surveys, no geotechnical testing, no moving parts. A 3.5-acre solar farm will make a 1,000-acre grain farm energy independent.
Source: AgLaunch, which is solely responsible for the information provided, and wholly owns the information. Informa Business Media and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for any of the content contained in this information asset.