Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. (BIVI) introduces the Range Ready Quality Feeder Calf program. The program allows producers to administer, track and certify (in one convenient online location) BIVI vaccinations and animal health procedures that are part of a calf-preconditioning program. Once the protocol is entered online, with one click producers can print a verification certificate showing what products were administered and when they were given. As a bonus, the heifer calves that are kept for replacements can easily be enrolled in the Range Ready Health Warranted Breeding Stock program, BIVI says.
“The objective of the program is to have a calf that is ready to go for the buyer – whether that’s a breeding animal or a feeder calf,” says Joe Campbell, BIVI senior professional services veterinarian. “Good health begins with the young calf. The Range Ready Quality Feeder Calf program outlines protocols that help get that calf off to a good start.”
BIVI says the goal of the Range Ready® Quality Feeder Calf program is to help deliver healthy, high-performing calves, while allowing producers the flexibility to manage their herds as they wish. Online enrollment helps reduce paperwork for producers, and three programs are available. These include at branding (1-3 months of age), pre-weaning(3-4 weeks before weaning), and at weaning. Range Ready Quality Feeder Calves also must be weaned 45 days and bunk broken.
For more information, visit www.RangeReady.com, contact your local BIVI representative, or visit www.bi-vetmedica.com.
Calf Care Program
The CONVERT™ Calf Care Program utilizes a special blend of naturally occurring direct-fed microorganisms, L-form bacteria and specialized proteins to manage any challenges your calves could face this calving season. Producers using the CONVERT Calf Care Program report reduced scours, increased growth rates, increased appetites and reduced mortality.
For more information, contact your Select Sires representative, call 614-873-4683 or visit www.selectsires.com.
Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health (ISPAH) reintroduces its Vista® vaccine line, which provides protection against Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis (IBR), Bovine Viral Diarrhea (BVD Type 1 and Type 2), Parainfluenza3 (PI3), Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus (BRSV), leptospirosis, vibriosis, Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida.
ISPAH says Vista provides the most complete protection from BRD, the most prevalent disease in calves older than 30 days. It’s also the only vaccine labeled for BVD Type 1 and Type 2 protection throughout the entire pregnancy, offering complete fetal protection. Additionally, it provides protection for both persistent infection, for less than 120 days of gestation, and for fetal (or congenital) infection, after 120 days of gestation. Included in the Vista line are:
- Vista Once SQ: 10 and 50-dose; avirulent-live culture for M. haemolytica and P. multocida; MLV
for IBR, BVD Type 1 and Type 2, PI3 and BRSV
- Vista 5 SQ: 10 and 50-dose; MLV for IBR, BVD Type 1 and Type 2, PI3 and BRSV
- Vista 5 L5 SQ: 5, 10 and 50-dose; MLV for IBR, BVD Type 1 and Type 2, PI3 and BRSV; Leptospira: L. canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. hardjo (including the L. borgpetersenii serovar hardjo-bovis), L. icterohaemorrhagiae and L. Pomona
- Vista 5 VL5 SQ: 10 and 50-dose; MLV for IBR, BVD Type 1 and Type 2, PI3 and BRSV; Leptospira: L. canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. hardjo (including the L. borgpetersenii serovar hardjo-bovis), L. icterohaemorrhagiae, L. pomona; and Campylobacter fetus
- Vista 3 SQ: 50-dose; MLV for IBR, BVD Type 1 and Type 2
- Vista 3 VL5 SQ: 10 and 50-dose; MLV for IBR, BVD Type 1 and Type 2; Leptospira: L. canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. hardjo (including the L. borgpetersenii serovar hardjo-bovis), L. icterohaemorrhagiae, L. pomona; and Campylobacter fetus.
For more information, call 1-800-521-5767 or visit www.intervet.com.