More pointers for satisfying holiday shoppers and increasing revenues.
· Find an item that is new and compelling. Promote it to stimulate interest.
· Advertise a low-prices “door crasher” item that operates as a loss leader to increase your customer count.
· Position seasonal impulse items at your cash registers.
· Offer pre-wrapped items as instant presents, ready for the tree.
· Contact your regular customers by email with exclusive offers.
· Train your staff to act in a friendly, welcoming way.
· Attract more customers with an in-store, fun event. Consider a “balloon popping” contest in which each balloon has a slip of paper offering a discount or a special gift.