Any wildfire is devastating, but the Anderson Creek and related fires along the Kansas-Oklahoma border torched hundreds of thousands of acres of range and hundreds and hundreds of miles of fence.
"Our hearts go out to those affected by these fires, and we are eager to do what we can to assist in the recovery," stated Darren Markey, Executive Director of Wire Products at Keystone Steel & Wire, manufacturer of Red Brand agricultural fence. "The news we are getting out of Oklahoma and Kansas is that this devastating fire has caused millions of dollars in lost property, including hundreds of miles of fence line throughout both states.
“Fortunately, Red Brand is poised to assist in the enormous rebuilding efforts. We already have a substantial amount of product on the ground at local dealers and we're ready to ship more where needed. That's one of the benefits of being American-made; we can respond quickly and efficiently," Markey explained.
'We want to help get the farmers and ranchers affected by these fires back to normal as soon as possible," said Markey. To assist with the recovery, Red Brand has implemented a service project challenge called 'The Red Brand Wildfire Relief Program' to mobilize volunteers. By partnering with local FFA chapters, Red Brand is encouraging those chapters to seek out neighbors that need help with fence rebuilding. In return, Red Brand will donate up to $1,000 to the local FFA chapters that coordinate these efforts.
In addition to the free installation services provided by teams of FFA volunteers, consumers and contractors can take advantage of various rebate programs available at participating dealers. These programs will provide a cost savings on qualifying fence products. More information can be found at redbrand.com.
For information and details on how to get involved with the Red Brand Wildfire Relief Program, contact Dain Rakestraw, Red Brand Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 309.697.7063. Follow Red Brand updates at facebook.com/redbrandagfence.
THE RED BRAND WILDFIRE RELIEF PROGRAM
- Properties directly affected by the Anderson Creek Fire in Oklahoma and Kansas
- Location must be confirmed by FFA Advisor
Red Brand Contribution:
- Up to $1,000 donated to organizing FFA chapter (amount to be determined by Red Brand, based on the scope of the project)
- FFA Chapters must submit photos of the installation project along with details of the project like a list of Red Brand materials used, number of volunteers and length of project, along with their chapter name, advisor name, and contact information.
Rebates on fence:
- Available through Home Grown, Red Brand's Certified Fence Installer program and NTRA Membership.